Tips to get prepared:
Get familiar with My Account
Check for outages, contact our care team and check the status of a service call with My Account – it's simple, easy and fast. Just download the Xfinity My Account app or access the app right from X1.
Download the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app
Internet down? You can quickly locate and connect to Xfinity WiFi hotspots when you need them most.
Download the Xfinity Stream app
With the Stream app, you can view live TV, get weather updates and even download shows and movies to watch offline in case you lose power.
Protect your devices with a surge protector
Plug your TV, modem and cable box into a surge protector to protect them from damage in case of lightning or a sudden power outage.
Reminders about your phone from Xfinity Mobile
We know your phone is a key resource for you, your family and your network to stay connected and informed during a storm or other unplanned event. Some tips to keep in mind:
- Keep your devices and spare batteries charged, and have car chargers on hand in case of evacuation.
- Keep your mobile devices, batteries, and chargers dry through protective accessories and store them in a dry, accessible location.
- Make sure all of your emergency contact numbers and emails are programmed into your phone.
- Download weather, news and safety-related apps onto your devices to stay informed in the event of a storm.
- Use your phone or tablet to catalogue any household items and valuables for possible insurance claims.
Using your phone during a storm:
- 1 Forward your home phone number to your mobile number so that all emergency calls reach you.
- 2 During the storm, text instead of calling—texts require fewer network resources.
- 3 Remember that you can use your mobile device as a personal hotspot to Internet-enable your other devices.